Changing your company that employs workers with disabilities (hereinafter, CEE) into a social enterprise (hereinafter, CEEIS) will allow you to access tenders that are reserved for those which have the status of Centro Especial de Empleo de Iniciativa Social, meaning that regular or CEE companies are excluded from bidding. Changing into a CEEIS will mean you won’t miss any opportunities like these.
Several questions may arise when you think about transforming your CEE into a CEEIS when it comes to thinking about procedure, rules, paperwork, etc. It is true that current regulations are not completely transparent about how to carry out the change from CEE to CEEIS, which means you may try to do this one way, only to find out that your company has not been granted the changed status.
On the other hand, the lack of legal guidance that exists due to an absence of regulation has led each autonomous community of Spain to develop their own criteria. Thus, it is important to engage the services of an advisor to help with this process and ensure that the changes are made correctly and with all the guarantees.
But, what would happen if the change isn’t carried out correctly? You are faced with two problems: firstly, that the change from CEE to CEEIS is not granted and, secondly, that furthermore you are left with a shareholding structure that does not interest you, as you will have needed to have alter the shareholding structure of the company.
Experience, knowledge and the peace of mind of being in good hands.
CEEIS may become a dominant figure in the market.
We have the best advisors and a successful methodology to help you.
Making a successful transition from CEE to CEEIS
If you are sure about transforming your CEE into a CEEIS and about taking advantage of the benefits such as taking part in exclusive public bids and having a competitive advantage over other companies, you will find in Leialta the best team of advisors that has a successful methodology to help you.
Changing a CEE to a CEEIS, step by step
- We begin by analysing our client’s case. Each situation is different, there are never two identical cases, which is why it is important to carry out an individual study.
- We research specific regulations for the autonomous community where the change into a CEEIS is going to take place.
- We prepare a proposal of the project to be approved by the client.
- We set up a not-for-profit (a charitable foundation, an association, etc), if this does not already exist.
- We arrange the mercantile operation to ensure a correct distribution of shares among the new shareholders.
- We inform the relevant autonomous community about the change from CEE to CEEIS, fulfilling all the stipulated requirements.